Friday, November 13, 2009

Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

In a couple weeks, I'm bleaching my hair to platinum blonde, like as light as it can go (going to a salon to get it done, don't worry) But after that I want to use some sort of temporary hair dye that won't stain if I want to put colored streaks in my hair.



I want them to wash out pretty quick too, maybe a month or whatever, but I know most temp. colors will stain or just fade without washing out. I also don't want like the one-day color crap that makes my hair stiff...



Any suggestions? I was thinking about kool-aide, but I've heard that it stains blonde hair and never really washes out.



Help?



Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

go to a beauty suppy store like sally hanson by me--they will help you--they havemillions of products from sprays to rinses..i'm sure you'll find one..good luck..



Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

Oh, you can't use semi- or demi-permanat hair dye on bleached hair. Bleaching your hair and then dying it means it's permanant. In fact, permanant hair dye is only permanant because it's bleached before the dye is applied. It might wash out or fade, but it is definitely going to stain your hair. And stay far, far away from kool-aide, it never looks good. I guess you're just going to have to live with stained streaks of hair, or else bleach them again after you dye them to remove all the color. However, that puts you at risk of overprocessing your hair and ruining the sections you bleach twice.



Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

There's that good old store called Hot Topic- yep the gothic store usually found in a mall. They have manic panic there, best temp stuff I've ever used. Comes out gradually in about a month. Kool aid doesn't work whatsoever, it's just sticky and it doesn't even stain hair



Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

Go to either the beauty supply or Walmart,and buy either a rinse,like Fanciful brand,or some of the colored mousses. Either will stain if your hair is bleached and it's porous,meaning anything will stain that's much darker than your hair color. Try buying different colored fake hair w/clips and doing it that way.



Temporary Hair Dye that won't stain blonde and wash out?

Special Effects dyes can wash out in a month. Manic Panic will wash out way too quickly to ever make it to anywhere near a month. Stay away from Atomic Pink because that will last an extremely long time. If you go for a purple like Pimpin' Purple, that can last about two weeks. I used Nuclear Red and it washed out in about a month (I did wash it rarely though, but I also used the wrong shampoo). I didn't have problems with it staining anything really, and that was something that I was worried about initially. Also when I wanted it gone it did go back to blonde.



To get your dye to last a month use a shampoo designed to protect color. Also when applying the dye leave it on for an hour and not the recommended 15 minutes. You can actually leave it on for several hours, but since your hair will be platinum blonde I don't think you'll need to do that.



Aslo, a Special Effects color that I've heard can only go on platinum blonde for it to show up is Cupcake Pink. It's a pastel pink and my guess is that it can last a month if applied over a light blonde and taken care of. It will most likely fade to a blonde also since I've heard plenty of complaints about it not having the staying power of Atomic Pink (which I've heard can last up to 4 months).



I know I'm talking about pink a lot, but that's because I've recently put a lot of research into it. If you're considering pink (which I think looks good with blonde) then this is a good site to look over: http://community.livejournal.com/pinkhai...

No comments:

Post a Comment