Friday, November 13, 2009

Keep Hair Dye In?

I bought semi-permanent pink hair dye, except it doesn't want to stay in. I have naturally light blonde hair, almost platnium but still it wouldn't take that well. So I lightened the ends a little bit, where it was putting it, and then the color was a little brighter. Except it STILL washes out. I know heat is supposed to help, but are there any other options available besides buying permanent dye, or bleaching my hair more to make it stay in longer?



Keep Hair Dye In?

Try shampoo/conditioner specifically made for dyed hair. Like Redken.



Keep Hair Dye In?

Great hair dye color choice.



I have my hair dyed Pink and Blue at the moment. Because I have dark brown hair, I always bleach my hair to begin with, even when recoloring a faded color.



I have been dying my hair for years adn the fact that they are semi-permanent, means the color never stays for long.



I find pink to be between 4 and 6 weeks and blues, fade much faster.



There are a range of color systems out there. I use Crazy color, Manic Panic and Special Effects, the Special Effects pinks seem to stay far longer than the others.



With the vibrant colors you can't get a permanent dye, they are all semi-permanents, or less.



I would bleach to start with and add color to that. Washing hair and sun light accelerate fade, so there isn't alot you can do with the fade.



All the best with whatever color you go next

No comments:

Post a Comment