Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

Okay, so i dyed my hair pink with Manic Panic. I did it by:



-bleaching my hair



-with damp hair put the pink in, put foils on and applied heat (the web site says that helps)



-two hours later I took them out and washed my hair



-then waited 2 or 3 days (without a shower) and then went back to showering everyday



it came out in 2 weeks, what am I doing wrong?



Please, if you have a comment about killing my hair, or telling me not to dye it, keep it to yourself! I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT!



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

My method for using manic panic amplified Hair dye is:



Cover head with Glad wrap after applying product..



Don't shampoo out, just throughly rinse (always apply to clean, no conditioner, dry hair)



Then apply a colour lock in conditioner.



Try not to shampoo your hair too often, it is the shampoo that is stripping the colour out.



You can add a small amount of the color to your shampoo and conditioner.



Hope this helps.



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

no honestly that stuff does wash out really quick. Fortunately the damaging part is bleaching, you can add more manic panic every 2-3 weeks as needed. Try not washing it as much because you are washing out the color, only putting the shampoo on your scalp, and switching to a really mild shampoo



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

You did nothing wrong. This is a semi-permanent product; it fades out with shampooing. It won't last very long because bleached hair is very porous and cannot hold color of any kind for long.



You best bet is to re-do the pink part as often as every other week or so. Go longer between shampooing if possible as well.



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

well i have never did that before but instead of that you could to sally's and get the gel that pink and it will stay pink i think for 3 months it a lot easier and you just wait 30 mins and that's it



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

When you bleached it out, you removed the natural red pigment that all colors adhere to. Leaving nothing left for the color to grab hold of, and it faded in a flash just like Pam Anderson's looks.



What you can is get a "Red Filler" at a beauty supply, and use it only in the areas you want to keep pink. It will look strange at first, but after it is has been pinked on top of it..it is prtetty much permanent again. Then don't wash it more than every other or every 3rd day. Overwashing strips it like nothing else.



good luck.



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

If you want pink color that will stay...find a salon that has Pravana haircolor...and ask for fuschia. When you want it out, take two aspirins and don't call me.



btw...you are killing your hair.....that's mostly why it won't hold color...the cuticle is zapped wide open



MANIC PANIC hair dye, what am I doing wrong?

maybe ur using a color that is not good on your hair ,

No comments:

Post a Comment